Sunday, January 27, 2013

The one with the trip to Amsterdam

Some of Amsterdam's famous canal houses
Even though I planned on staying inside this whole weekend because of the cold, I forced myself to leave my cozy, warm home and step into the cold for a little trip. Mom tagged along and our destination was Amsterdam. I don't know if this sounds shallow, but one of the highlights of this day was meeting a CĂ©line Boston bag in person for the first time. After this rendezvous I know I need one of those in my life. Maybe I should start making an early wishlist for christmas, so Santa can start saving up. First stop of the day was the Museum of Photography.


Making photographs isn't allowed at the Museum of Photography
Obviously, I didn't obey this rule
Around the corner of the museum we met these two breadmen

Second stop was the Museum of Bags and Purses. Nice surpise was seeing the purple sister of my Vlieger & Vandam bag. I really liked the exhibition that included bags in odd shapes, like a hot water bottle, an eggplant, a car, a shoe and a soda can.

I need these Prada Flame shoes
Beautiful stained glass ceiling at he Museum of Bags and Purses



More information about the museums visited:
http://www.foam.org/home
http://www.tassenmuseum.nl/en

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read your thoughts and comments